November 27, 2011

Long

I got one missed call when I was sleeping this morning, from one of my best buddy. He asked when I will come back home. Then I realize, this time is my record, I have not been home for three months. Well I fibbed :p I know, I have known for a looong time that I do not miss Jakarta, my hometown. Is it proper to call it as hometown while I feel no more attraction to be there?


I change. It does not mean I am not real. It is just another side of me which feels bored with the crowd there. Seriously, when was the last time I met my old friends? how many times I ignored the invitation to hang out? how many times I came back home and told no one. Those are sign I no longer feel comfortable with my life there, huh?


'Life there', seems I have two lives haha. Yes, that is the way I feel, the way I live. I separate the things here and the things there. The people has no connection; the situation and condition are not the same though. Since I can not remember... I started having no interest to know what is going on with my friends there, what events are held there, what is new there. I am happy here. Just to be here.


Several people wondered why. I also wonder, why they are confused with me. It is a common thing for me. I used to like this, then I do not like that anymore; it is that simple. I am bored with the pattern, the conversation, the rules in social life. I hate the same ambience and I get nothing new.


Call me weird. If  I have no more sense of belonging with my hometown,  can I call this place my home?





No comments:

Post a Comment